Banana peel is extremely useful for reducing inflammations and infections of the skin. Banana peels have been used as a natural home remedy against number of skin conditions such as allergies, skin irritations, wounds and bruises, etc.
Banana peel contains antioxidants and minerals that helps to keep your skin soft, supple, healthy and glowing. It can improve the overall texture and tone of your skin.
The Advantages of Using Banana Peel:-
1. Banana Peel on Mosquito Bites:- One of the best and effective uses of banana peel is to rub or apply it on mosquito bite. Once applied, you will see that, it reduces the itching, irritation and swelling. It works better than the other medications or creams available in a drugstore.
2. Skin Treatments:- Allergic to food? Well, what you can do is - rub the banana peel on the affected part of the body and allow it to slightly dry, then wash it off. You can use banana peel to treat skin condition such as acne. Rub or massage the inner portion of the banana peel into the affected area. You can apply it during night and the result can be seen within few days of application. It will not only soothe your skin but reduce the acne outbreaks as well.
3. Aids to Treatment of Wounds and Bruises:- Rub the banana peel on the wound or bruises. Banana peel helps the wound and bruises to dry faster and also, prevents unwanted scar marks. Banana peel can speed up the natural healing process.
4. Aids to Treatment of Poison Ivy Rashes:- Banana peel can soothe and reduce the itching and inflammation of the skin. Rub the inner portion of the banana peel on the affected area. Repeat the process as needed. This will help to reduce the outbreak of rashes and stop itching.
5. Aids to Treatment of Psoriasis:- Psoriasis is the most common skin ailment. It is a skin condition that causes rough and scaly patches of skin. Those who suffer from psoriasis of the skin experiences inflamed lesions that cannot be treated with ordinary standard moisturizers, oils and creams or ointments. The inner portion of the banana peel has been used to treat such skin conditions and inflammations. Rub the banana peel on the affected part of the skin, you will see the results within few days and weeks. Rubbing the inside of the banana peel on the affected area for once or twice per day may help relieve and eliminate the symptoms of psoriasis and restore the skin back to its natural healthy state.
6. Aids to Treatment of Warts:- Rub or massage the inner portion of the banana peel on wart affected area for about a week and notice the result. Banana peel can provide you relief and soothe the skin irritation. The peels can be directly placed on warts and help speed up the process of healing and skin regeneration process. You can wrap tape around it for better results. This treatment has shown positive result for treating of planter's wart.
7. Banana Peels for Wrinkles:- As we are already aware that banana peel contains many essential nutrients and minerals that can help to restore healthy normal skin. Apply across your forehead or sides of the cheeks to tighten up your skin. This treatment is also effective to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Your skin will look fresher, toned, beautiful and more glowing.
Other Important Benefits of Banana Peel:-
1. Helps to Treat Painful Headaches:- If you are having a bad headache, just mashed the banana peel properly and apply on the forehead to cure your aching pain.
2. Banana Peels are Good Fertilizer:- Apart from health and skin benefits, banana can also benefit your garden. Do not throw away banana peels. It is an ideal fertilizer.