The Chinese have been using green tea since ancient times to treat problems like headache and depressions. Green tea has strong healing properties. It is a natural herbal drink. Green tea is the only type of tea that is not fermented. Hence, it has a very powerful antioxidant when compared over to other normal teas available in the market.
Green tea has become one of the most reliable solution to prevent and cure health related problems that human body is susceptible to. Its amazing healing properties fight against diseases like cancer, arthritis, rheumatoid, infections and cardiovascular diseases, etc. Green tea is natural and hence no side effects.
This element also helps in lowering cholesterol levels, balances them, and prevents the abnormal formation of blood clots in wounds. This problem of blood clotting, also known as thrombosis, usually leads to severe heart attacks and stroke. EGCG has become so reliable and popular in the medical community that it even produces better results than red wine, which contains a polyphenol called resveratrol that prevents heart diseases as well.
Benefits of Green Tea:-
- Green tea has high levels of antioxidants. It contains polyphenols, tannins, phenols and flavanoid compounds, the amino acid theanine and catechins of which epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG seems to be the most beneficial. This EGCG is a powerful antioxidant that is said to be twice as effective as resveratrol present in red wine which effectively protects your body cells and helps you to get rid of malignant or cancer cells without harming the rest of the healthy tissues in the body.
- The presence of EGCG in green tea helps to prevent abnormal formation of blood clots in wounds (known as thrombosis) that can lead to heart attack and stroke.
- Green tea reduces the bad cholesterol and increases the good cholesterol count in your body. It acts as a glucose regulator and helps to slow the rise in blood sugar after meals.
- Green tea increases your metabolism and fat oxidation process which is essential for weight loss. Drink 3-5 cups of green tea per day on a regular basis and it will help you to reduce your weight by 70 calories per day.
- Green tea has the ability to destroy bacteria and hence prevents tooth decay.
- It cleanses out toxins from your body and improves your health.
- Green tea relieves you of skin problems such as wrinkles and blemishes. It is a good remedy for skin related diseases such as acne, psoriasis and rosacea, etc.
- Green tea boost memory power and helps to prevent diseases such as Alzheimer's.
- It lowers the risk of diseases such as arthritis.
- It can help you to relax from stress and anxiety.
- Drinking green tea will help you get rid of cold and flu faster since it contains vitamin C.
- It improves your immune system.
- It is beneficial to people suffering from severe asthma problem. Green tea helps to reduce the intensity and severity by relaxing the muscles.
- Green tea is rich in fluoride which helps to make your bone stronger.
Green Tea Supplements:-
Green tea has become so increasingly popular that companies are now manufacturing product green tea supplements as well. There are hundreds and thousands of brands being sold all over the world in in health stores and online markets. Some are very expensive, some at an affordable price. Do some research on the popular green tea supplements available in the market and find out if anyone (you know of) has used it before and what they think about them. You can check some good online stores where you can find more details and information about the same. Don't forget to read the product reviews before ordering or purchasing these supplements.