Jojoba oil is an extract that comes from the seeds of the jojoba tree. The botanical name of jojoba tree is Simmondsia chinenis. Jojoba oil is a clear, golden-colored, unsaturated liquid wax. It has no scent or odour and neither gives you any greasy feel. Jojoba oil is actually, a liquid wax and not an oil.
Jojoba oil is very commonly used in many beauty products such as in shampoos, hair oils, conditioners, body lotions, moisturizers, creams, soaps, lipstick, massage oils, etc. It is also use for an industrial purposes such as an alternative fuel source, lubrication oils of cars, airplanes and machines, in paints, varnishes, waxes and so on.
Jojoba oil is a natural antioxidant. Jojoba oil is non-toxic and rarely causes any allergic reactions when applied or consume. It is hypo-allergenic. It is also rich in vitamin E, B Complex, minerals and has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil:-
1. Good for Your Hair:-
Jojoba oil can restore the health of your hair naturally. It can be use to treat hair conditions such as dry, coarse, frizzy or damaged hair. It will add shine and lustre to your hair as well as stimulate the growth of new hair cells. Jojoba oil has anti-dandruff effect. It helps to prevent dry scalp and hair damage. The application of jojoba oil moisturizes the scalp and hair.
- Hair and Scalp Massage:- Take few drops of jojoba oil and massage your scalp. This prevents dryness, flakes and dandruff. It nourishes your hair and thereby, also help to control hairfall which is a very common problem.
- Acts as a Good Hair Conditioner:- Few drops of jojoba oil when applied for 5-10 minutes on a damp hair before drying is very good for your hair. This prevents your hair from getting brittle and dull. You can also mix few drops of jojoba oil on your current conditioner and apply on your hair and rinse it off. Jojoba oil is widely use in many hair conditioners and shampoos.
2. Good for Your Skin:-
- Use it as Moisturizer:- Jojoba oil can be use to treat both dry and oily skin. Jojoba oil helps to regulate the sebum which is produced on the skin naturally. For oily skin, it controls the greasy texture of the skin and for dry skin, it acts as a good skin moisturizer. You can mix jojoba oil with your regular moisturizer and use it. It has a natural ability to prevent moisture loss and hence, makes it an ideal beauty treatment for wrinkles and other skin conditions such as dry skin, eczema as well as control acne break-outs since jojoba oil has anti-bacterial properties.
- Use it as Facial Cleanser/Removes Make-up:- Good for all types of skin. Apply few drops of jojoba oil on your skin and cleanse it with cotton ball. You can also use it to remove your eye make-up, foundation and lipstick as well. It acts as a good facial cleanser and make-up remover.
3. Good for Chapped and Dry Lips:-
Jojoba oil acts as a good overnight treatment for your dry and chapped lips. You can use as a lip balm. Take few drops of jojoba oil on your finger and apply to your lips. It will nourish and works wonder!
4. Jojoba Oil for the Body and Massage:-
Apply jojoba oil all over your body before taking a shower or after. This has a hydrating effect on the skin and improves blood flow in the body and thereby, gives you a lovely glowing skin. If you are applying jojoba oil after the shower, apply when the skin is still damp and not dry. This seals the moisture and leaves your skin soft and smooth. You can use it as body massage oil.
5. Good for Your Hands and Feet:-
You can use it as it is directly or mix it with your regular moisturizer and apply on your hands. Massage them gently. Good for foot treatment too.
6. Treat Dry Nail Cuticles:-
You can apply jojoba oil to your rough and dry nail cuticles. This will soften your cuticles.
7. Use it as Shave Prep and Aftershave:-
Jojoba oil helps to prevent razor burn and leaves your skin feeling nice, smooth and soft. When applied directly afters shaving, it can soothe the skin and moisturize it.
Today, jojoba oil is widely use in many beauty and pharmaceutical products. Jojoba oil is natural and less expensive. It has good effect on the skin and can also be use to treat skin conditions such as sunburns, cold sores, canker sores and warts.